Monday, October 24, 2011

Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?

To me the idea seems silly since most women don't even know how to change a tire or oil, so why should they get to pick out their own car? Besides, picking out a car is a man's job. Sometimes women get to into the looks of a car without knowing the mechanical reliability behind it. Am I right here?Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?Actually statistics have shown that over 75% of all car purchases made in the US are ultimately chosen by women. Their primary criteria (within their price range) in order of importance: safety, reliability, ease of maintainance, fuel efficiency (economy), utility, ergonomic design, power and handling and last %26quot;looks%26quot;. Men tend to be the ones to reverse these factors. Studies have shown that while men who purchase vehicles tend to only consider themselves, women consider the needs of the entire family including the children.Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?compromise?Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?Do you pick out your own clothes, even if you can't mend them?Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?only red neck make there wifes choicesDo you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?Are you for real?Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?It depends on the money situation.Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?If it is her car...absolutely. You can assist her but she is the one driving it. Do you think men should be able to pick out their food...most of them don't know how to cook. What about their clothes...most men don't know how to dress.



Sound ridiculous right? Get over it and let her pick out her own car. Control freak!Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?Yes they should. Sexist asshole.





Have fun being single forever.Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?its going to be her car, she should chooseDo you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?yes I do, this is not the dark ages!!!Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?Women are smarter than you think. I do my research before I shell out a lot of money for something. I look into what the car offers and the safety. I check out the blue book value to make sure that I am not paying too much. You can suggest going with her to pick out the car but try not to take over. You can give your advice but over all it needs to be her decision.Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?I think the woman and the man should pick out the car together. You are correct about a woman not knowing all the details about a car, but if it is her car, then why not let her have say? Some women DO know how to change a tire or the oil. Men and women should be treated equally.Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?in less you are a master tech she has as much right to pick a car as you doDo you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?Did you know that it's the 21sy century? Eisenhower is no longer the President. We can actually fly now! Guess what? You'll need to sit down for this one....Women can vote!!!!Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?hahahaha...while you are at it, mr. husband of the year, why not drag her by the hair and make her do the dishes?Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?Have her look at her car's ratings for reliability on the internet as posted by an independent rating company.



Really, if you aren't doing the work and buying the parts, why should you care? Methinks the real problem is your need to control things.



So... you're wrong for not extending the option. You only wish to do the choosing. It is a man's job to lead his household, not to be a hardass.Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?See.......this is how problems start. As a male lucky enough to be married, I have learned that even when you wife %26quot;might%26quot; be wrong (about a major purchase purhaps) you NEVER say things like, this is the mans job, or you don;t know how to make this decision.



Case in point, my Mrs and I did go car shopping. She did fall in love with some cars that lacked practicallity for our situation. For example, purchaing the cute little red toyota wasn't the best option since the car would eventually need to haul around a baby in a car seat. So instead of just telling her she was wrong, I talked through the pro's and con's of the vehicle with her (making sure the cons were indeed winning) and let her make the decision. She chose a better fit and she didn't at all feel like I was being a jerk.Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?Are you trying to solicit a bunch of responses from outraged women? If your wife in particular doesn't know much about cars and you do by virtue of your, uh, birthright then you should assist her in shopping for a car. Regardless of how much she knows about maintenance, she is bound to have an opinion on what she would like her car to look like, how big it should be, and other things. Stop worrying about who is right and help her make an informed decision.Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?ah yeah. I have to drive it every day I'll pick it out. oh and I know how to change a tire and the oil. You are not right here! All of my women friends are the ones who do the research on the vehicle prior to purchase. Most men I know go for looks not mechancial reliablity. get your head out of the sand. It will be the coldest day in hell when my husband tells me what vehicle to drive.Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?Yes, we should. The only reason I didn't pickout my car was because it was a surprise present. I woke up with keys on my husbands pillow and a 2007 Mercury Mariner in my driveway. I was so excited, my husband did a perfect job of picking it out for me. I picked out the last 2 cars we bought, so it is a fair trade.Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?It is her car is it not? So what if she doesn't know how to change a tire or oil----men have to be good for something!!Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?you cant do this major thing together?? seems a couple kind of thing...a car isnt exactly coke or pepsi unoDo you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?You are sooo wrong. If she can pick out a husband she can surly pick out a car.



If it's her car then it's none of your business and unless she's an idiot she's perfectly capable of going on the Internet and doing some research.



I feel very sorry for your wife if this question is about her.Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?mmm.. amazing what a lady can do these days better than some boys..!!..

If you have a wife..and you don't trust her decisions....now.!!..

..and all the future family ..you expect to have.....

you might as well kiss it all good bye..now..

all it takes is patience to teach.!! ..what can she teach you..!!..

about being ignorance..as such.. and having respect equally..Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?i think a wife should be able to pick out her own car if you dont think the car is mechanical sound you should tell her and if your relatioship is right she will respect what you say in the same since you should allow her to pick out a cute car

maybe you should pick it out together//you look at the mechanical part and she pick out all that girl stuff

together you should come up with a car that you both will be happy with

good luckDo you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?Your right on fixing the car, but that is why there is this thing called MECHANICS. Every women should pick their own car

especially if they are paying for it. They work hard for what they

are getting and NO MAN should have to choose for them. We

don't choose a car for our man, so why should they pick for us.

If the girl is getting it as a present then go ahead and pick, because your buying and that would make it a gift. Now I'm

I right here? YEAH DUDE!! Oh just to let you know I do know

how to change my tires and do and oil change. I'm a little disabled

so I can't do it myself. I know how to do a radiator flush, change

my lights on my car when they burn out. add fluids to my car.

I can learn but with my disability it is stopping me from doing

the things I want to do with everything and anything.Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?okay, there are many women who can perform car services and so because of them we other women are able to pick out our card. and why should we let you men pick out some manly car for us women to drive... would you like it if we made you watch some women sport or cook??? i think not so... dont be sexist!Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?hm believe me not all women lack the ability to do some work on cars. I was married to a man who had no idea of how to change a flat tire. My dad was a excellent mechanic and living out of state I'd call him if I had a problem with our cars and he'd describe over the phone what I needed to do or replace to fix the problem. Worked for me every time. And my ex never lifted a finger to help me. So I'd say I'd be pretty upset had he told me I couldn't pick my own car. ;o)Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?Seems to me if she was able to choose a husband she could choose a car!

Nothing personal, but why don't you consider your %26quot;daughter%26quot; presenting you with the same notions...get with the new millenium. I am 50 and can ride a Harley, dock a boat, change my oil, maintain my own car, apply for a loan...etc. Gone are the days when ONLY a man can do this or that. Yes it is very nice to have someone who can-but if you died-where would she be?

If you are so concerned that she is so superficial, why not just use a list of most important virtues in the new car---like 4w/d or not, economy or not, mileage-lease/own, stick/auto...does she commute or haul kids or both? Do you let her pick out the vacuum cleaner?Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?Think about the things you trust your wife with? She is probably very capable in many areas, especially since you married her. My husband and I always start with my reasoning for wanting a specific car - we then do very diligent research to determine if it will be a good buy or not. Don't discount her opinion because she is a woman, she has to drive it, and should have some input.



Instead of trying to be right, be helpful. If your wife chooses a car that isn't good quality, show and tell her why. Guide her to a better vehicle, and value her voice in the matter. You would want the same respect. Work together!Do you think a wife should be able to pick out her own car?dude - can you even imagine how wonderful you will make your wife feel for having complete confidence in her.... Hello.... I won't even go into the whole chauvinistic thing but I bet some of your responses from women won't be so kind......



Remember to mean it when you let her know her car is her car and that means pick it and drive it - of course offer to help if requested...