Monday, October 24, 2011

Nissan 2004 quest car problems .. according to dealer?

Ok My car was perfect.

I had interioir light problems took it to the dealer. He changed the BCM, Thats when everything started going downhill

First the tire pressure monitor was not working

Then I realised the car started giving me only 15 mpg(it used to give me 23 mpg before the BCM was changed)

I had new brake pads and tires put in January 2008, the new dealer tells me that the steering wheel vibrates as something is wrong with the brakes.

He also tells me that I need a new filter which will cost me $105.

Then the same guy who said my car was fine before says I may have engine problems.

So the total keeps going up and up and up. Inspite of always taking the car to a Nissan dealership for everything from oil changes to tire changes.

I have lost faith in dealers services and feel like I am taken for a ride here.

How can a car performing so well get all these problems in less than 2 weeks?Nissan 2004 quest car problems .. according to dealer?Slow down here! BCM replacement needs tire pressure transmitters to be reintroduced Nissan should admit it and do that free. Body Control Module will not change the fuel economy. How perfect can a five model year old van be? As weather turns cold gas mileage gets less. More warm up time longer idling and thermostat issues tend to show up as winter draws near. Quest Vans are heavy and brake rotors tend to warp from heavy braking causing (steering wheel Judder) is technically correct term for shimmy while braking. Resurfacing the rotors or replacing the rotors as necessary. OK was that the in cabin air filter they wanted to change for 105? Clean breathable air for you and your children worth that? You should see the old dirty cabin air filters I remove. Either you maintain the van trust Nissan and its 12 month warranty on any repairs or take it to IFFY LUBE center and have a part time lube boy change the above items. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of good independent technicians. But how many times to they see each repair? I fix your van's condition(s) almost weekly at a North Central Texas Nissan dealership. Get a second opinion if you want. Old cars did not allergen air filters it is a wonder we survived! I grew up with steel dash boards no seat belts. Kids knew to look foward and brace them selfs when mom was stopping.