Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Can you help me change my car tires?

Ok so I had to buy a new tire for my car A few months later a had to buy another new tire I now have one new tire on the front passenger side and one on the rear driver side Does anyone have a suggestion on how to put both new tires on the rear of the car? Would it be safe to just jack up the right/left side of the car? Both front a rear tire at the same time? I know Id need to use jack stand for that I just want to know how safe is it doing that? It doesnt sound to safe for me Oh and I dont have a spare tire I can use for this Thanks!Can you help me change my car tires?as long as you secure the car it will be fine. As you mentioned you need to use a jack stand. You will also need to chock both wheels on the opposite side of the car, apply the emergency brake, put car in gear if a manual shift and in park if an automatic, and make sure you are on fairly level ground. Take your time don't try to jack it up to high or to fast. you just want it high enough for the wheels to clear the ground. But you need to loosen the lugs just a bit before raising the car that way you won't be tugging on the lugs and rocking the car while it is in the air.Can you help me change my car tires?Use the jack stand. That's what they're for. Follow the safety instructions.