Wednesday, November 24, 2010

If allowed, how do teenagers get a job at a car dealership?

I turned 15 in February and I live around Spring Hill, Florida. school just started last week, and i've been looking for a job but no luck so far. I even cut down on how much I play sports because i'm serious about getting a job, not just for the pay but experience mostly. There is alot of businesses around my area like publix, winn-dixie, and kash n kerry, and alot of smaller car dealerships but also some big ones. I want to pursue a career in being a ASE certified car mechanic, but I want to get experience in this field before graduating high school hopefully. Is there anything a 15 year old can do at a dealership like washing cars, changing tires or anything and if so how do you get a job there? I'd like anything to do with cars, I don't really care about how much it pays.



Thank you, 5 stars to best answer.If allowed, how do teenagers get a job at a car dealership?All you can do is go and apply! Get yourself a resume and get it to these places. If you get any kind of interview, you will be able to tell them what your long term goal is. Just don't give up! Get help with your resume from a school counselor or even do a google search for resumes for examples. Good Luck!If allowed, how do teenagers get a job at a car dealership?The best approach is talk to the dealership's HR manager./