Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How many girls know how to change a car tire, the oil, brakes, trans. fliud and other "minor" car things?

i'm just curious, my mom and i are the only ones in our family who know how, and it just doesn檛 make sense...How many girls know how to change a car tire, the oil, brakes, trans. fliud and other %26quot;minor%26quot; car things?I passed my driving test in 1968....way back when! I made sure I knew how to do all of those things....my reasoning being that you had no right to be driving if you didn't.

I used to be able to do a lot more as well but engines have changed so much over the years that even a lot of men don't know where to start nowadays.



Just a little note to Raoul Duke here: When I started driving, car wheel nuts where tightened by %26quot;hand%26quot; but nowadays they are tightened by those infernal air compressor %26quot;thingys%26quot; and which makes them incredibly difficult to undo. Whenever we have to have a wheel changed we always make sure the nuts are not over tightened as past experience has shown that even the breakdown services have had problems undoing the nuts. So it may be that the females you see needing help from the AA and RAC have had the same problem. Having said that I do accept that a lot of people, of both sexes, have no idea how to change a wheel....and they really should do.How many girls know how to change a car tire, the oil, brakes, trans. fliud and other %26quot;minor%26quot; car things?I an change a tire. Anything else, to me, is not minor!!!



Then again, no one in my family knows more than that to have taught me!How many girls know how to change a car tire, the oil, brakes, trans. fliud and other %26quot;minor%26quot; car things?3 little letter,



AAA!



Dont want my wife to have to do it!How many girls know how to change a car tire, the oil, brakes, trans. fliud and other %26quot;minor%26quot; car things?I know how to check if there is enough air in my tires and I know how to check the oil. I just wish I knew the rest. It's important stuff.How many girls know how to change a car tire, the oil, brakes, trans. fliud and other %26quot;minor%26quot; car things?Many girls I know can do that.... Many Men i know can't..... Its not a sex thing, its aptitude.How many girls know how to change a car tire, the oil, brakes, trans. fliud and other %26quot;minor%26quot; car things?i doHow many girls know how to change a car tire, the oil, brakes, trans. fliud and other %26quot;minor%26quot; car things?Right this totally annoys me, there no reason why they shouldn't know. I'm a bloke and when my sis passed her test I took her out to show her all these things. She stood there in her high heels and boob tube and didn't want to get her hands dirty, so I did everything hoping she'd take it all in. Of course she didn't and when her tyre went she had to call the AA!!!!!!!!!!!



And the amount of times I've seen girls getting wheels changes by AA or RAC is stupid. My best buds a mechanic and she's a girl so there's no bloody reason they can't learn. Rant over.How many girls know how to change a car tire, the oil, brakes, trans. fliud and other %26quot;minor%26quot; car things?We have loads of female mechanics in Australia and they do very well. I used to teach a lot of them when they were apprentices. Jules. Australia.How many girls know how to change a car tire, the oil, brakes, trans. fliud and other %26quot;minor%26quot; car things?If u don't worry about getting your hands dirty anybody can do it irrespectively of sexHow many girls know how to change a car tire, the oil, brakes, trans. fliud and other %26quot;minor%26quot; car things?i guess it depends on what you consider minor. I myself can do basic tune-ups, oil, brakes, trans. fluid, radiator drains change out alternator, thermostat, battery, starter,and power window switches (on the freeway doing 70 it was raining window was stuck open) among other things. And no i'm not a mechanic mom just thought it would be good for me to know how to do more than push a vacuum cleaner and change a diaper...How many girls know how to change a car tire, the oil, brakes, trans. fliud and other %26quot;minor%26quot; car things?My girlfriend can. She knows how to change a tire, but has not had the opportunity yet to demostrate it. She can check the oil in her car and was curious and learned how to change oil when I did it in my truck and car recently. Transmission fluid on an automatic she can check. And I don't think she knows how to do brakes, and hasn't shown an interest in learning how. I know plenty of girls that are really good at working on cars. In fact the last time I repaired my car I had my girl help me. She did a great job with her really small hands and she was wanting to learn the whole way. Then again I've had to show males where to check the oil on the car. So like another person said it doesn't have much to do with sexes, even though it has a little in my opinion, it has a lot to do with aptitude and a willingness to learn. A lot of girls I know wouldn't want to get dirty working on their car, and it's not fashionable to work on a car so they don't ever even look under the hood. I know guys though that are about the same way. Either way there are plenty of them out there and it seems to be a growing trend. I love it when I my girlfriend working on her car. Especially because she takes pride in it when she is done and can tell boys how to do it. It's just an all around good thing. She recently changed her own spark plugs and spark plug wires. I then had her go around to auto shops and price the job. After hearing what they would have done it for and how easily she did it, I don't think she'll hesitate to try anything.How many girls know how to change a car tire, the oil, brakes, trans. fliud and other %26quot;minor%26quot; car things?I know how to change a tire...but the other stuff is a mystery to me.



I could guess how to do it...if I really had to...but I'd be afraid to touch that stuff..i tend to break things...lol



I can check the fluids and fill them as the need arises...