Friday, June 3, 2011

Changing/getting a new tire for my car?

I own a Honda Civic '96 EX. Walked outside today and found my rear left flat. My dad used to help me get a new tire when something was wrong, but he's no longer around. I know how to change a tire, so I just need to get a new one mounted on my rim. What should I do? Should I put the donut on and take the flat tire with rim to the store? Will a place like Kragen be able to mount and balance it without my car being there? I'm currently out of work so I'm trying to save some cash by doing some of the work myself. You guys have any suggestions?Changing/getting a new tire for my car?You may not need a new tire, it might be repairable. Put the spare on, drive the car to the nearest tire shop and see if they can fix it.Changing/getting a new tire for my car?Ok you need to break the seal of your flat tyre with another wheel rolling over it



so it presses down the tyre edge where it sealed to the wheel unless it's broken



in which case it's much easier..



Then buy 2 tire levers %26amp; a rubber mallet %26amp; using car and safety equipment and clothing



hold the flat until it's roughly Parallel with you calf's on the front of your legs.



Then putting tyre lever 1 on far inside rim (Edge of tyre where it joins rim )



start gently levering it off, helping it slip with the rubber mallet



getting two levers in when possible.



Do this until you type has come off, this



should occur just after



taking 180% of tyre off.



Pushing levers up and towards you, in an arc



as you go till the levers



are on top of the tyre and rim.



For a NEW start with same procedure in reverse, then use an air line (Or Gauge).



to inflate the NEW. (P.S. you may need to purchase a tube for your tyre.)



And a dynamic wheel balance on that wheel too, or travel very slowly.



Best Wishes.



Mars Mission.Changing/getting a new tire for my car?yes if the place you are spacing of dose tire repair then yes thy can repair and mount your tire with out the car being thar and Balkans it as wall