Friday, September 23, 2011

What is jamming my front right tire? I changed my tire and now it won't roll!?

I have a 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis. After changing the front right tire (the passenger side) I found the tire was completely jamming when I tried to start the engine and drive the car. I took the tire off again and found the disk seems loose behind the brake pads. I don't know if this is normal. I don't know what could cause this. I don't know how to fix it. I need to fix it so I can get back to work!!! How can I fixt it?What is jamming my front right tire? I changed my tire and now it won't roll!?Sounds like the wrong rimWhat is jamming my front right tire? I changed my tire and now it won't roll!?Yes the rotter is supposed to be loose, but when you put the tire back on you want to make sure that the bolts are all tightened evenly because that is what holds your caliper even. Make sure you Cris cross on the lugs when you tighten them down.What is jamming my front right tire? I changed my tire and now it won't roll!?Check your bearingsWhat is jamming my front right tire? I changed my tire and now it won't roll!?Make sure you don't have a broken wheel bearing or one of the brake pads did not come off.What is jamming my front right tire? I changed my tire and now it won't roll!?i would guess faulty wheel bearing locking it up, most likely it will spin when under no load %26quot;no weight on tire%26quot; and lock up when you let it down, but if you have changed tires/rims then you need to take you're hands and feel around the tire for clearance. yes the brake pads will have a little play to them when the brakes are not applied, unless you meant the backing come off the brake pad then no big problem. if you have lowered the car then check to make sure none of the c.v. axles are binding %26quot;if front wheel drive%26quot;What is jamming my front right tire? I changed my tire and now it won't roll!?this can happen when you put your tire on opposite of the way it was on.some tires will mount from either side but if your mount it wrong it will not turn