Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I repair a flat tire?

I've just noticed my car has a flat tire on my driveway. I know how to change it out but how do I go about repairing the flat? Do I need to pay a mechanic to seal it or is there some way for me to do it myself by buying a sealant at the store, etc. Thanks in advance.How do I repair a flat tire?you can use fix-a- flat sealant to seal small punctures. if you can find a nail,screw,etc. you can remove it and put a plug in the hole,however this takes some mechanical ability. another possibility is a bad valve stem. sealants can't fix this. it must be replaced by a pro. try the sealant first,it is the easiest method to try at home.How do I repair a flat tire?fix-a-flat works as a temporary fix, but you still need to have the cause

repaired. remember to tell the repair person that you used fix-a-flat!How do I repair a flat tire?The easiest way is fix a flat or you could take the tire off, inflate it find the leak (spray with water and soap and look for bubbles) then patch it your self or take it to a tire shop and have them do it for you.How do I repair a flat tire?The best way is to have it removed from the rim, and have it

patched from within the tire, you can either use the spare as the

new tire ( which probablly won't match ) or use the repaired tire.

The old method just doesn't seem to be very acceptable anymore.

Especially with all the new tire designs out there. Forget about

any of the %26quot;canned magic %26quot;. That's good for a temporary emergency,

if it even works in one at all.



Good Luck.... $ 20-35 bucks should do it . with a balance incl.How do I repair a flat tire?DO NOT USE SPRAY SEALANT!!! I wish they would just outlaw that junk. Take your tire to a tire shop and have them find the leak, and repair it with a plug patch. Not a plug, and not just a patch. A plug patch will fill the hole and apply a patch at the same time. If you use spray sealant you make it so any kind of repair is harder to do and not as reliable.How do I repair a flat tire?you can take it to a tire shop and have it fixed. it could be leaking around the rim, a bad valve stem or you picked up a nail somewhere. why don,t you carry a couple of cans of fix a flat in your trunk.