Monday, September 19, 2011

Noob Question on 1978 Ford Tire-Jack?

own a 1978 Ford LTD II, had a blow out. I used the factory Jack to lift the car up and installed the new tire.



The Jack has a small base in which you insert a long iron piece which in turn has a hook which can be lifted and lowered to change the cars height (I can explain further if needed).



To raise the car you turn this switch which %26quot;Locks%26quot; the hook into place. My Question is:



How do I now lower the car back down to the ground?? I can't figure out how to depress the Jack.Noob Question on 1978 Ford Tire-Jack?Put the lever or hook in the downwards position, then push down on the lug wrench in the jack, then the car will drop slightly, then push down again, then it drops, then again, etc.Noob Question on 1978 Ford Tire-Jack?Perhaps turn it the other direction...the make and model of your car have nothing to do with it...