Monday, September 19, 2011

How can I improve the performance of my 95 corolla to carry 800 pounds?

I'm getting my oil changed, tires checked, and fluids topped off tomorrow. My car runs steady with me alone, but I'll be bringing my friends with me.



I'll need pointers on checking my tire pressure, as I will be driving a long distance to Los Angeles which will be warm and I'm afraid of overfilling my tires with too much air.How can I improve the performance of my 95 corolla to carry 800 pounds?Your car can haul 800 pounds with no problem. Just get nitrogen in your tires instead of air. It holds its pressure despite temperature changes.How can I improve the performance of my 95 corolla to carry 800 pounds?I don't think that there is much that can be done to improve it's performance under load aside from new suspension components. You probably don't even need to worry about it - the rear end will be a little lower, but it's only temporary. I'm sure that a Corolla can carry that weight any way - you should check the loading information sticker on the inside of the door. It will tell you where the ideal tire pressure should be, and what it's weight capacity is. As far as overfilling, check the tires - usually their maximum pressure is way above the car's recommended pressure, and thus the small amount of gas expansion from the heat won't blow the tires out if there is a 6-10PSI difference. If you are still not convinced, use a portable tire pressure gauge and check it every meal or rest-stop. Good luck.