Friday, September 23, 2011

What's wrong with my car tire?

When leaving a friend's apartment i realized that the front driver's side tire was flat. I called my friend to change it for me. After we got the spare on we tried to find a hole or what could of caused the flat but couldn't find anything wrong with the tire. I threw the flat in the trunk and went to the gas station to put air in the spare as well as the rest of the tires. I even filled up the tire that was flat to 35, which is what my tires are to be set at. I didn't hear or see anything leak and still couldn't figure out how it had gone flat. I drove home (took about 25-30 min) then checked the tire that was flat, it read 10. What is wrong with this tire? I'm taking it to the shop tomorrow to see if they can find out what the problem is but wanted to know what others thought.What's wrong with my car tire?It is a very old problem,use a very old solution.

Reinflate tyre,dunk in water,observe where the bubbles come from.

If there is a hole in the tyre you will see it,if the bubbles come from the rim,it means the seal is broken,maybe by running on semi-flat tyre to your friends place.What's wrong with my car tire?leak around rim,slow leak in tire(small hole you can't see) only with soap.oh yeah valve stem.What's wrong with my car tire?Either the valve stem or you may have a hair line crack somewhere in your rim.What's wrong with my car tire?it might be leaking around the bead, the valve stem is leaking or the valve core needs tightened or maybe you have enemies and someone let the air out.What's wrong with my car tire?To check the valve is easy, just put a little spit on your finger and wipe it across the valve leaving a film behind. If a bubble comes up, then the valve leaks. If the valve is ok then make up a bucket of soapy water and brush it liberally over the tyre or try pouring it. You'll soon establish where the leak is. If you have a puncture the tyre people can glue a plug into it, alternatively you can have a new tube fitted if it's a tubeless tyre or replace an existing one. It's not an expensive job and it doesn't take long to do either. Good luck!What's wrong with my car tire?Maybe some small holes your eyes can't detect. That's very possible. Check the inside of the tires too and the rims. You can have some rims and tires at carpartswholesale.com for replacement, they got great offers.What's wrong with my car tire?could very well be the valve stem. they often go bad.What's wrong with my car tire?nah the tyre was just having a baaaad day....it was just depressed.... dont fret.. it will come right
  • howtobefriendswithyourex
  • married advice for
  •