Friday, September 23, 2011

Car help! im tired of being such a girl sometimes especially basic stuff..?

Is there a place I can go to learn how to change my own tire, and jump start my car, and put air in my tires, and really just the basics. Its sad that all i feel i know how to do is put gas in my car.. I dont really feel like learning from my husband and my dad even tho im 24 treats me like his lil girl and always wants me out of the way while he works. I mean id pay to learn stuff like that ya know? Is there anywhere i can look up to take classes on these things!?Car help! im tired of being such a girl sometimes especially basic stuff..?go out and get your self a good how to car manual with pictures and step by step procedure's then sit down and read.you will be amazed of what you will learn.Car help! im tired of being such a girl sometimes especially basic stuff..?I know you dont want it, but learning form your hubby or your dad is better than any class you could pay for. What they will, and could tech you, isnt from some boring textbook. Its real world, hands on knowledge. I was the same way with my wife. But i finally took the hint that she was serious about learning it, and every time i work on my vehicles, or my Harley, or any of my other projects, she's right there beside me, soaking it up. And to be honest with you, i love teaching her now. We've come a long way......she no longer refers to a brake caliper as a, and i quote, %26quot;calluhooper%26quot; HAHA Buddy up with em and soak it up. Good luck to yaCar help! im tired of being such a girl sometimes especially basic stuff..?I have never heard of any such course. Most mechanics courses you will not even get into if you do not know that kind of information. I would suggest maybe looking up the info on youtube.com these are all simple things. I would suggest you tell your husband or father you would like to know these things. You are not a little girl anymore and the knowledge you are trying to acquire would get you out of a jam one day on the side of the road. I have taught many how to do those things plus how to change oil, check engine coolant, and even check the oil too. I do not know where you are located but if you were close by then this would not be so bad. I have never charged anyone to learn these things.Car help! im tired of being such a girl sometimes especially basic stuff..?Usually your local community college will have a basic automotive course. Also you may want to check with the service department of the make of car you are driving. They will show you how to check the fluids and tire pressure. By the way, go to a auto parts house (Advance Auto, O'Reilley's, Autozone) and get a digital tire pressure gauge. They are the easiest to read and cost about $10.Car help! im tired of being such a girl sometimes especially basic stuff..?Do you have any guy friends that can show you? Maybe an uncle or something. Im sure there is someone you know that would be willing to show you how to do these things. If not just explain to your dad that you really want to learn how to do these types of things and to have patience when showing you. My dad took me out one day and went through everything with me when I turned 16 and got my car. Just take a day and go through the steps in changing a tire, checking your oil, and airing your tire up. I found its really not that difficult. I do everything myself.....I even replaced my own headlight and changed my oil. I really don't know of any place that gives classes. Good luck!!! : )Car help! im tired of being such a girl sometimes especially basic stuff..?If you really don't want to learn from hubby or father. Go to an auto parts store and ask them. They will get you a tire pressure gauge and then will show you how to use it. They will also show you how to check fluid and they can explain how to put air into your tire. all for the cost of the tire pressure gauge. Just ask and they will help.Car help! im tired of being such a girl sometimes especially basic stuff..?if you really want to learn and don't want to ask your dad or husband, go to you tube or metacafe, there's a lot of video on 'how to'