Friday, September 23, 2011

How safe is a 'donut' tire?

I just had my tire changed to a 'donut' tire because of a flat. I bent the rim on the old tire, and need to get it fixed, but it will be several days before I can replace it again.



Will it be safe to take my car on a highway and where I have to drive at 65mph? Also, it is currently snowing in central NJ. Is it safe to drive in the snow?



I just need to know if I need to drive differently until I get the tire repaired.How safe is a 'donut' tire?you should stay off the highway as much as you can and if you do have to drive on it try to keep it below 65 also if the donut is on the front I would recommend you have it rotated to the rear so you have 2 full size tire on the front this way if it did happent to blow you wont loose control of steering thats what we do at the garage I work at.How safe is a 'donut' tire?yes if you do need to use it a few days keep your speed down. Its not meant for that but, if you have to ....oh well. Just be careful.How safe is a 'donut' tire?drop your speed and no quick turns i went 1 month on a donut tire becasue they kept ordering the wrong rimHow safe is a 'donut' tire?i had to drive on one for 3 days 2-weeks ago... I wouldn't advise going over 80km (I'm not sure what that is in miles per hour)... It's fairly safe and I didn't notice a big difference while driving.



Just be extra cautious when driving. Not only is the tire thinner... but if you pop it.. you don't have a spare.How safe is a 'donut' tire?hi i am also from nj. i had one on my car not long ago i would NOT do 65mph stay in the slow lane.